Built in 1746
Built as the Vicarage of "St. Anton
und St. Nikolaus". Used as a local
town school and as the techer`s
residence from 1822 to 1897.
The house, which was erected by a vicar of the abbey in 1746, was auctioned by the French government in 1802, following the secularisation of the abbey, and bought by the City of Münstermaifeld as a school building in 1819. Following the closure of the abbey’s Latin school, the City had to increase its schooling involvement. With the establishment of a teachers’ training college (1878-1926), Münstermaifeld could once again continue the tradition of an educational city that was associated with the Latin school. This has been continued to this very day, with an academic high school of more than 1,000 pupils.